BackgroundUN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.Duties and ResponsibilitiesHR Consultant Will Be Providing The Following Services
- Provision of support to the review of job descriptions and post establishment process;
- Provision of support to the recruitment and selection processes including preparation of vacancy announcements, screening candidates, coordination and chairing of panel interviews;
- Provision of guidance to hiring managers on recruitment processes;
- Preparation of interview panel summary reports and documentation for submission to review bodies;
- Conduct reference checks and other assessment tools to assist in the selection of candidates;
- Preparation of necessary statistics and/or analysis and other briefs for senior management;
- Coordination and collaboration with HR Specialists on recruitment activities;
- Maintenance of recruitment related data for management planning;
- Contribute to the review of recruitment and staffing policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its applicability and efficacy in operational management.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: //www.unwomen.org/-/
- Masters degree or equivalent in social sciences, psychology, business, human resources management, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of human resources, including experience in the area of recruitment for international organizations;
- Knowledge of the United Nations policies, procedures and practices, particularly those related to human resources and operations;
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance;
- A high sense of confidentiality, diplomacy and urgency is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required;
- Knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from //www.unwomen.org/about-
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
NoteIn July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Nonprofit Organization Management
- Government Administration
- Financial Services
- Human Resources